Set of mathematical programming techniques used to locate optimal conditions or seek specific goals. These powerful techniques include linear and non-linear programming, goal programming, network optimization (shortest path, least cost, and more) and can be used to model the operations of a complex system under constraints.
- Resource Allocation – Where should we invest more/less?
- Maximize/Minimize Profit/Cost – What product mix achieves best possible results?
- Crisis Response Planning – What is the optimal set of evacuation routes?
- Acquisition Program Support – What mix of features is least cost, max quality, or best value?
- Personnel Throughput – What is the optimal flow of people through a training pipeline?
- Media Mix – What is the optimal allocation of media to maximize reach, influence, etc.
- Analysis of military force requirements
- Military recruit market research
- Brewery process optimization
- Operational transportation & logistics planning